Saturday, June 4, 2011

Embrace It

This has been a long time coming.  Being a regular "blog reader"  (is there a special word for that?  It seems like it should be called something fancier than "blog reader?") I have been thinking since probably January that I should start blogging again.  Yes.  Again.  Meaning I have blogged, and failed in the past.  Okay, so maybe "failed" is a strong word, but I definitely would go "all in" for awhile, and fizzle out.  Also, because I crave attention more than most (just being honest :), I would get disappointed when there were no "comments" (subtle hint? maybe) by readers and would inevitably give up due to lack of "followers."  However, in recent months I have had a strong desire to start writing again.  I LOVE to write....journals, stories, letters, yes...even papers in college.  I love it all.  So I've decided to give it a whirl again, for me.  A place for me to get some thoughts out, comments or no comments, followers or no followers, and cheaper than going back to school (a real thought I've entertained) in order to suffice my "writing" cravings.

If I'm being honest, I would have started this a lot sooner, but I was waiting for a catchy or cool blog name to come to me.  Yup.  Lame.  As I was thinking about all these "witty" things I could write that would so "perfectly" capture the essence of who I am, I was drawing a blank.  I was having a "wit block" in my brain....something that happens rarely to me, because if you know me, I am the self proclaimed "funniest person I know. "

Frustrated by my lack of wit, I began to go the opposite route and think about themes in my life, things God has been teaching me, or something that would capture where I am on my journey.  As I began to look back on the past year or so of my life, replaying the various "trends," in my life, themes God has been using to teach me, and the growth both personally and spiritually I have experienced; "remade" came to my mind.  I should back up and say that I am also in love with the song "You Are More" by Tenth Avenue North, and I feel like God often times uses music to teach me or meet me where I'm at.  This song has been no exception, and has been an amazing reminder of the way God views me.  No matter where I've been, who I've been, what I have or haven't done, or how the world sees me...I have been remade.  My favorite lyrics in the entire song are:

'Cause this is not about what you've done,
But what's been done for you.
This is not about where you've been,
But where your brokenness brings you to

This is not about what you feel,
But what He felt to forgive you,
And what He felt to make you loved.

What I have realized is that I too often times get stuck in the decisions made...good or bad, over analyzing my life both present, past, and future....and get too wrapped up in what I'm lacking.  So, over the past few months I have decided to make an effort to consciously remember that life is not about any of these things.  I have vowed to live in the moment.  Embrace the craziness that can sometimes be my life.  And to stop worrying (that one's gonna be easier said than done!).  So, join me as I gracefully stumble (what?  I'm kinda clutzy, and I fall a lot) through my "20-something" life...through spiritual journeys,  hard times, hilarious times, disappointing times, possibly sad times, but ultimately good times, embracing every moment for what it is. Overall living as a daughter of the most high King, remade in His image, and doing everything to bring Him glory.  


No comments:

Post a Comment